In a moment,spring is gone and you are confronted with long and sultry summer days with ever rising temperatures outside ,AC’s on full blast inside,disappearing coke bottles and empty ice-cream buckets.All SCREAM out-summers are here again!!
The positives of the season are –
1. Heavy winter woollies give way to light cotton clothing which means cleaning the cupboard takes lesser time.
2. The smell of khus when the dessert coolers are on.
3. No restrictions on the kids enjoying ice creams and cool drinks,endless cold coffees,lassis and shakes.
4 The long summer vacations in school.
5. Last but not the least,Summers are special because of “Mangoes.”..slurpp…
The negatives are-
1. The unbearable heat ,the moment you step outside.
2. Kids at home for longer hours= a messy home
3. No flowers in the garden,plants dying in the extreme heat.
4. Lesser choice in the kitchen.Bang your head against the wall thinking what to cook for breakfast,lunch and dinner.
This is what we did this long summer afternoon…
Picked up a tray full of ripe,red tomatoes from the garden.The three of us later counted each one to while away our time.Can you guess how many we had?
Munch playing Jenga..in between reading and a bit of colouring..
And this basket full of toys keeps the kids engaged for quite some time…before they go out to play..
So,what do you do to while away the long and boring summer afternoons?What interesting things do you do with your kids to keep them busy?