I picked up this prompt of Maya’s as I was going through her list today and found it interesting.So what is the first thing I notice on being a guest to someone’s house?
Oh,lots …I would say since I am very fond of doing up my own home…I notice every little detail when I am there at someone’s place for the first time.
1. The Name Plate- There are so many different ways in which people are doing up their name plates these days.So I actually make it a point to notice the same as soon as I enter.I have got a new one made myself recently by a blogger friend.You can see it here and here.
2. The entrance and lawn- The way the entrance or a lawn is done up speaks volumes about the taste of the host.My eyes look out for healthy and green plants at the entrance and other knick knacks.
3. Every home has its own special smell or fragrance;so I do notice how the house smells.
4. I have a penchant for wall decor ideas.So the first things that catch my eye are how the walls have been done up.Some people have beautiful family pictures,others have lovely paintings;some may have unique wall shelves and I love accent walls too in orange,reds and greens.
5. Another thing that I always notice are the curtains and cushions.They are an integral part of a home and have a very important part in deciding how cosy a home looks.
So that’s it.