Its almost mid April and the heat is so severe that I simply don’t feel upto the daily chores let alone anything new.Any sort of physical activity saps you of all energy.So here is a lazy post…just like that.
Feel like putting my feet up with a book and some soothing nimbu paani…
Cleaning up after the kids looks like an uphill task,so…..
Looking forward to some respite from the heat and laziness in the coming days.
My school recently shifted campus .We moved to a bigger place and a new location altogether which meant a lot of work in terms of doing up the classrooms and filling up empty walls.It was a big challenge as our previous campus was beautifully done and a lot of work had to be done before the school reopened for the new session.The entire focus was that our children should LOVE the place the moment they entered.
This is the chart we put up at the entrance.to the main building….doesn’t it look vibrant and colourful?
Linking this to Colours Dekor.
In a moment,spring is gone and you are confronted with long and sultry summer days with ever rising temperatures outside ,AC’s on full blast inside,disappearing coke bottles and empty ice-cream buckets.All SCREAM out-summers are here again!!
The positives of the season are –
1. Heavy winter woollies give way to light cotton clothing which means cleaning the cupboard takes lesser time.
2. The smell of khus when the dessert coolers are on.
3. No restrictions on the kids enjoying ice creams and cool drinks,endless cold coffees,lassis and shakes.
4 The long summer vacations in school.
5. Last but not the least,Summers are special because of “Mangoes.”..slurpp…
The negatives are-
1. The unbearable heat ,the moment you step outside.
2. Kids at home for longer hours= a messy home
3. No flowers in the garden,plants dying in the extreme heat.
4. Lesser choice in the kitchen.Bang your head against the wall thinking what to cook for breakfast,lunch and dinner.
This is what we did this long summer afternoon…